Recipe by Johnney
I love this recipe for the christmas holidays in place of the "Pumpkin Pie" The recipe came from my x(still friends)and was willing to share it with me, So its my pleasure to share it with you. Enjoy!
Top Review by smf75
I searched the internet looking at pumpkin roll recipes and reading the ingredients to see which one I though would taste similar to the one that I tried years ago. I chose this one and was extremely pleased. This roll is absolutley delicious and so easy to make. I think the key to making it is using the flour sack towels. Everyone that I gave this roll to fell in love with it. They all wanted the recipe. I did not make any changes to the ingredients at all. Thank you so much for such a delicious recipe!!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons softened butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped pecans
- golden raisin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with four sides.
- Line with waxed paper, then grease and flour the wax paper.
- Sift 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and nutmeg onto some waxed paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- Add dry ingredients and stir in canned pumpkin.
- Pour into pan and and spread to all edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until middle springs back when touched.
- Invert onto a damp towel that has been sprinkled with powder sugar.
- (I use a flour sack type towel, it works best) Carefully remove Waxed paper.
- Trim the edges off, then roll up in the towel and place on a rack to cool.
- Mix softened cream cheese, Powdered sugar, butter or margarine
- ,vanilla, pecans and *Golden Rasins (*Optional)
- When cake is cool carefully unroll and spread filling almost all the way to the edge.
- Using your towel to help, roll the roll back up, (it will be moist so as I'm rolling I sprinkle with more powder sugar, this will keep it from sticking to your fingers).
- Once rolled up, wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate.
- When ready to serve remove wrap and slice and serve with a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
- Great for the holidays.