I love this recipe for the christmas holidays in place of the "Pumpkin Pie" The recipe came from my x(still friends)and was willing to share it with me, So its my pleasure to share it with you. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons softened butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped pecans
- golden raisin (optional)
- 1Grease a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with four sides.
- 2Line with waxed paper, then grease and flour the wax paper.
- 3Sift 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and nutmeg onto some waxed paper.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- 5Add dry ingredients and stir in canned pumpkin.
- 6Pour into pan and and spread to all edges.
- 7Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until middle springs back when touched.
- 8Invert onto a damp towel that has been sprinkled with powder sugar.
- 9(I use a flour sack type towel, it works best) Carefully remove Waxed paper.
- 10Trim the edges off, then roll up in the towel and place on a rack to cool.
- 11Mix softened cream cheese, Powdered sugar, butter or margarine
- 12,vanilla, pecans and *Golden Rasins (*Optional)
- 13When cake is cool carefully unroll and spread filling almost all the way to the edge.
- 14Using your towel to help, roll the roll back up, (it will be moist so as I'm rolling I sprinkle with more powder sugar, this will keep it from sticking to your fingers).
- 15Once rolled up, wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate.
- 16When ready to serve remove wrap and slice and serve with a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
- 17Great for the holidays.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g