- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in remaining cake ingredients.
- Grease a 10"x15" jelly roll pan. Line pan with waxed paper, then grease and lightly flour the waxed paper.
- Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. *Cake cooks fast so watch carefully to avoid burning the edges.
- While cake is baking, sprinkle powdered sugar heavily over the kitchen towel, using a sieve or sifter.
- Turn hot cake onto the towel.
- Remove waxed paper. Trim off burnt or crusty edges.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar over the hot cake and quickly roll up with towel inside. Let cake cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling by beating together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread with the filling mixture. Roll up cake with filling on the inside. Wrap in waxed paper and then foil.
- Refrigerate or freeze. To serve, slice cake about 1/3 inch thick and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Note - cake cuts best when still slightly frozen.