Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sundance Inn Bed & Breakfast, New Braunfels, Texas
Make and share this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in remaining cake ingredients.
- Grease a 10"x15" jelly roll pan. Line pan with waxed paper, then grease and lightly flour the waxed paper.
- Pour batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. *Cake cooks fast so watch carefully to avoid burning the edges.
- While cake is baking, sprinkle powdered sugar heavily over the kitchen towel, using a sieve or sifter.
- Turn hot cake onto the towel.
- Remove waxed paper. Trim off burnt or crusty edges.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar over the hot cake and quickly roll up with towel inside. Let cake cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling by beating together all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread with the filling mixture. Roll up cake with filling on the inside. Wrap in waxed paper and then foil.
- Refrigerate or freeze. To serve, slice cake about 1/3 inch thick and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Note - cake cuts best when still slightly frozen.
Excellent Dessert!! I add a little Orange Zest in the cream cheese filling and pecans on top of the filling, before back rolling up.
Tastes just like the pumpkin roll I fell in love with last year at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. I used waxed paper instead of a kitchen towel and worked just fine.
This recipe is so easy I usually make two at a time. Not only does it taste great, but I make them and put into the freezer to use at a church circle, club meeting, or for friends who just happen to drop by. I always try to keep at least one in the freezer.