Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is an old recipe from Pillsbury that my mom always makes for Thanksgiving. We love it. Needs to refrigerate for 4 hours.
Top Review by Photo Momma
My pie set up perfectly...not sure why one of the other reviewer's didn't. I followed this recipe exactly except I put 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of individually adding the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Also, I used the 2 Extra Slices graham cracker crust, and I'm so glad I did, because it would have been spilling out of a regular crust. Great recipe- this pie tasted wonderful. Thanks!!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk, and sugar; beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in half of the Cool Whip.
- Spread onto the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Pour remaining milk into another large bowl.
- Add pumpkin, pudding mixes, and spices.
- Beat with a wire whisk for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with extra Cool Whip if desired.