1/8 Photos of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks)
Grooved Pavement's Note:
These delicious muffins are very close to the kind you can get at Starbucks. If you want to cut back on the fat, substitute some or all of the oil with natural unsweetened applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar and 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix cream cheese with one egg and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Put the entire mixture on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
- 3Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
- 4Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This lets you push it down into the batter easier.
- 5Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
- 6Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
- 7Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
- 8Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts.
- 9Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese!).
- 10Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks)
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g