1/5 Photos of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Made these for my future in-laws, who will be visiting this weekend. We tried one and they are fabulous. I think toasting the nuts really helped the flavor as well (see my note below).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans (toasted these briefly first on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees, for about 10 minutes. Just)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used half white, half whole wheat)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 18 muffin cups.
- 3FILLING: Beat cream cheese until soft.
- 4Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar.
- 5Beat until smooth.
- 6Set aside.
- 7STREUSEL TOPPING: Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- 8Add butter and cut it in with a fork until crumbly.
- 9Set aside.
- 10MUFFIN BATTER: In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 11Make a well in the center of flour mixture and gradually incorporate eggs, pumpkin, olive oil and vanilla.
- 12Beat together until smooth.
- 13Fill cups with pumpkin mixture until they're about 1/2 full.
- 14Carefully add one tbsp of the cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the batter.
- 15If you're using paper cups, try to keep cream cheese from touching the paper.
- 16Sprinkle on the streusel topping.
- 17Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g