Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I came across this in my box of recipe clippings. It is a lightened-up version of a favourite.
- 414.03 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 59.14 ml oil
- 2 egg whites
- 113.39 g cream cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400*. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, oil and egg whites together, blending well. Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Pour into 12 greased muffin tins (I use cooking spray).
- Put one cube of cream cheese into the center of each muffin. Top each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Bake @ 400* for 14-18 minutes.