Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Pumpkin pie just does not get any better than this!
Top Review by stgmngrjan
This was delicious. I had to cook it about 10-15 minutes longer (in the final stage) than the recipe indicated, but that might have been due to my leaving the cream cheese layer in the fridge longer than the recipe stated. Thanks, Jan
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie pastry (to fit a 9-inch pie plate)
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit the prepared pie pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute edges as desired.
- For the cream cheese layer; in a large bowl beat the cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; pour into the prepared pie shell and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the pumpkin mixture; in a large bowl combine pumpkin puree with evaporated milk, 2 eggs, vanilla, 1/3 cups brown sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; mix until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the chilled cream cheese mixture in the pie shell.
- Cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove the foil from edges and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- While the pie is baking combine 2 tablespoons flour with 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a small bowl; add in softed butter and mix until combined, then add in chopped nuts.
- After the pie has been in the oven for the last 20 minutes remove and sprinkle the streusal mixture evenly on top; return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more.