Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great dessert for the fall season, and is it delicious! see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
Top Review by 830622
Okay, even though I messed up on this pie- using a regular pie pan, rather than a deep dish- I had rave reviews on the flavor. There wasn't much of a pumpkin layer to it, after much of it poured off with my mistake, so it was really like a cheesecake with a thin layer of pumpkin and the crunchy topping. But, it was pretty tasty, so I will rate it a 4 star recipe. I will definitely have to try this one again- the right way.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry, unbaked
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (for a sweeter filling add in more sugar)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (can use more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (can use more)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 egg; spread mixture in the unbaked pastry shell.
- Combine pumpkin, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Blend in the 2 beaten eggs and milk.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Bake for about 50-60 mins, or until set.
- Cool pumpkin pie thoroughly.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.