A family FAVORITE for years. Rich, creamy and a good blend of flavors! This pie sets up well and provides a pretty slice. A great pie to impress guests.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared pie crust (uncooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla well. Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator to chill and thicken for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and milk. Pour on top of chilled cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, butter and brown sugar; set aside.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Edge of pie may be covered with a foil protector for one-half of baking time to prevent crust from getting too brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle pecan mixture around in a circle on top of pie. Place back in oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 3 to 4 hours before cutting into serving pieces.
This pie was awesome. I followed the instructions to a tee and loved it. Thanks for sharing.
I am honored to be your first reviewer, Seasoned Cook. I made and served this for Thanksgiving dinner, and it received rave reviews from the crowd! The mixture of cream cheese and pumpkin is heavenly, and the ring of pecans on top - - to die for! Thanks for sharing the recipe. It will be on my holiday menu for years to come.
This pumpkin pie was AWESOME! I loved the cream cheese layer and the pumpkin layer, and they were great together! I did vary the crust. I had some leftover brownies that I did not want to throw away so I made them into crumbs and made a brownie crumb crust for the pie. It got rave reviews from my guests and my DH and I both enjoyed it too!!