A family FAVORITE for years. Rich, creamy and a good blend of flavors! This pie sets up well and provides a pretty slice. A great pie to impress guests.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared pie crust (uncooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla well. Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator to chill and thicken for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and milk. Pour on top of chilled cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, butter and brown sugar; set aside.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Edge of pie may be covered with a foil protector for one-half of baking time to prevent crust from getting too brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle pecan mixture around in a circle on top of pie. Place back in oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 3 to 4 hours before cutting into serving pieces.