Recipe by Kree
I got this recipe from Rachael Ray. She suggests using it to top gingerbread cupcakes (made from a mix) and then garnishing it with shaved crystalized ginger, but it would taste great on all sorts of other cupcakes, muffins, and desserts! It yields enough frosting for 8-10 cupcakes. If you use soy cream cheese it's dairy-free.
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces toffuti better than cream cheese soy cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered confectioners' sugar