Recipe by kristiandjames
taken from ivillage.com
Top Review by blessedmelody
i'm not an experienced baker, but this was easy and delicious. i thought it was a little bland so i added a 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and some orange food coloring. it was yummy on chocolate cupcakes for our son's birthday!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the frosting: Blend the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, butter, orange juice, zest and vanilla in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy -- about 5 more minutes.