Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I can remember how fantastic (and tasty!) it was. I used Powdered Sugar Glaze for the powdered sugar glaze. Everyone went back for seconds!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (liberal)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (liberal)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- In large mixing bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 13 -in x 9-in x 2-in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle powdered sugar glaze over cake, then sprinkle toasted pecans and English toffee bits over cake.
This cake is to die for!!!!! It came out moist and delicious. Everyone loved the English Toffee Bits on the top....it is a great compliment to the pumpkin. Can't wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing, ceruleanseven!!!!
Very good!!! I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil and egg whites for the eggs. I also omitted the pecans, don't like nuts. But it turned out great & smelled great.