1/1 Photo of Pumpkin & Cranberry Spice Cake (Vegan or Not)
Lisa Clarice's Note:
This pumpkin cranberry spice cake is my own recipe that makes an incredible, moist vegan cake! Your friends will never guess it's vegan. You can make it non-vegan if you like. I make this recipe with fresh pumpkin and fresh cranberries when those two items are in season. You can use canned pumpkin and frozen cranberries as well. The frosting is an orange/vanilla butter cream (using vegan butter). Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml pumpkin spice (or Cinnamon or All Spice)
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml pumpkin (fresh or can)
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml soymilk (or any non-dairy milk or reg. milk)
- 118.29 ml butter (melted, vegan butter like Earth Balance or reg. butter)
- 236.59 ml cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two round baking pans.
- 2Combine pumpkin, spices, sugar, melted butter, soy milk and orange juice.
- 3Mix in flour, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- 4Cut cranberries in half and then add to mixture, mixing until well combined.
- 5Pour mixture into the two prepared baking pans and bake for approximately 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6To make vegan buttercream frosting, mix 1 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance butter with 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/8 to 1/4 cup orange juice.
- 7Frost when cake is cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin & Cranberry Spice Cake (Vegan or Not)
Serving Size: 1 (782 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2097.0
- Calories from Fat 886
- Total Fat 98.4 g
- Saturated Fat 59.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 3188.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 297.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.5 g
- Sugars 147.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g