Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was found in the 2008 Taste of Home Cookbook, Baking Classics.
Make and share this Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease two 8"x4" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the pumpkin & zest (noting that the mixture will look curddled).
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda & baking powder, then add it to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts & berries, then pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to a wire rack. Loaves can be frozen for later use.
Wonderful, flavorful moist bread. I made this exactly as posted, except I used 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree for the canned. The loaves are a very generous size, and are chock full of flavor with the perfect moistness. We ate one and froze the other for later. Mine were done after 60 minutes, so be sure to check for doneness early. Thanks for sharing! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Tag Game.
What an excellent holiday bread. I love the texture, it has that lovely flaky type crust and is moist, tender and delicious inside. I made one loaf and used 3/4 cup of Splenda for the sugar and all else was as ask. I should mention that mine was well baked at 45 mins.