Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was found in the 2008 Taste of Home Cookbook, Baking Classics.
Make and share this Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease two 8"x4" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar until light & fluffy, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the pumpkin & zest (noting that the mixture will look curddled).
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda & baking powder, then add it to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts & berries, then pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to a wire rack. Loaves can be frozen for later use.