1/3 Photos of Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
These really rise nice and high, and are very moist muffins, with a fantastic pumpkin flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 3/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins are good)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree and sugar.
- 3Stir in oil and buttermilk.
- 4Beat the eggs lightly; add to the mixture.
- 5In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt Add to the pumpkin mixture; stir JUST until moistened (lumps in the batter is okay).
- 6Stir in nuts (if using), and cranberries.
- 7Scoop into regular size, or mini size muffin tins which have been sprayed with oil, or generously buttered, or lined with paper liners.
- 8Bake for about 30-35 minutes (less time for mini muffins, about 20 minutes), or until the muffins test done.
- 9Note: the cranberries can be replaced with mini chocolate chips if desired.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (2111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g