Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
adapted from Cooking Light. Yummy Fall treat! I made these in mini loaf pans and baked for about 33 minutes. I got 8 perfect mini loaves. (Update: I froze some of these after baking. Then just thawed them out and they were GREAT even 2 months later!)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 8.62 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin or 236.59 ml fresh pumpkin puree
- 59.14 ml apple juice (or water)
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml cranberries, coarsely chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin, water, oil, vanilla, and egg whites; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle pecans over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
This was a delicious addition to a my Thanksgiving meal and will become a new family traditional recipe. Everyone loved it !! To make it a little more healthy I substituted 1 cup of the flour for whole wheat and it didnt make a difference in the texture at all.