Recipe by mikey & ev
adapted from Cooking Light. Yummy Fall treat! I made these in mini loaf pans and baked for about 33 minutes. I got 8 perfect mini loaves. (Update: I froze some of these after baking. Then just thawed them out and they were GREAT even 2 months later!)
Top Review by eoringer
This was a delicious addition to a my Thanksgiving meal and will become a new family traditional recipe. Everyone loved it !! To make it a little more healthy I substituted 1 cup of the flour for whole wheat and it didnt make a difference in the texture at all.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice (or water)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine pumpkin, water, oil, vanilla, and egg whites; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle pecans over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.