Recipe by Ceezie
Great with fresh pumpkin puree or with raisins instead of cranberry
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
This was a very good pumpkin bread recipe. Super moist and just enough spice. The only thing I changed was I only added 2 1/2 cups of sugar instead of 3. For my family and I that was plenty of sweetness, and the breads still turned out perfectly sweet with crisp caramelized edges. I made 1 large loaf and 4 smaller loaves for gifts. I couldn't be more pleased with this...unless maybe I add pecans next time ;). Thank you so much for this great recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block tag 08/10.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup cranberries (sweetened dried, fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.