Recipe by Rhonda O
Enjoy Two Fall flavors,Pumpkin and Cranberries for a comforting treat!
Top Review by JoSyrNY
Easy to make and interesting, but I really couldn't distinguish the flavors well. I was in a minority, however, because 3 of my friends loved them and asked for the recipe. I also didn't read the recipe all the way through (oops!) and didn't see they needed to be either warm or cold. I made them for a bake sale, and room temp was not the way to go. I served them cold to my friends.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans or 2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 teaspoons mccormick pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon mccormick pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, nuts, butter and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice until crumbly.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place jellied cranberry sauce and orange juice in small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add pumpkin, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and remaining 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice; mix well.
- Spread cranberry sauce evenly over crust.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over cranberry.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crumb topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or chilled.