Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here on Zaar there are a couple of recipes somewhat like this one, but there are differences, & the Great Pumpkin is tellin' Charlie Brown that this one is pretty darn good! Preparation time does not include time needed for unfrosted bars to cool completely.
FOR THE BARS
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml pur vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries, chopped
FOR THE FROSTING
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml fresh orange juice, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE BARS, in a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Stir in pumpkin, butter, eggs & vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries, then spread mixture into an ungreased 15"x10" jellyroll baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR THE FROSTING, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until butter just starts to turn a golden color ~ DO NOT LET IT BURN!
- Remove immediately from heat & pour into a bowl.
- Let butter cool slightly, then stir in powdered sugar & vanilla.
- Stir in enough orange juice to form a frosting consistency.
- When pan of uncut pumpkin bars is cooled completely, frost & cut into bars.
- Serve & enjoy & refrigerate leftovers.