Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here on Zaar there are a couple of recipes somewhat like this one, but there are differences, & the Great Pumpkin is tellin' Charlie Brown that this one is pretty darn good! Preparation time does not include time needed for unfrosted bars to cool completely.
FOR THE BARS
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pur vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE BARS, in a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Stir in pumpkin, butter, eggs & vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries, then spread mixture into an ungreased 15"x10" jellyroll baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR THE FROSTING, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until butter just starts to turn a golden color ~ DO NOT LET IT BURN!
- Remove immediately from heat & pour into a bowl.
- Let butter cool slightly, then stir in powdered sugar & vanilla.
- Stir in enough orange juice to form a frosting consistency.
- When pan of uncut pumpkin bars is cooled completely, frost & cut into bars.
- Serve & enjoy & refrigerate leftovers.