1/1 Photo of Pumpkin-Cranberry Bars
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here on Zaar there are a couple of recipes somewhat like this one, but there are differences, & the Great Pumpkin is tellin' Charlie Brown that this one is pretty darn good! Preparation time does not include time needed for unfrosted bars to cool completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BARS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pur vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2FOR THE BARS, in a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients.
- 3Stir in pumpkin, butter, eggs & vanilla until well blended.
- 4Stir in cranberries, then spread mixture into an ungreased 15"x10" jellyroll baking pan.
- 5Bake 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 7FOR THE FROSTING, melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until butter just starts to turn a golden color ~ DO NOT LET IT BURN!
- 8Remove immediately from heat & pour into a bowl.
- 9Let butter cool slightly, then stir in powdered sugar & vanilla.
- 10Stir in enough orange juice to form a frosting consistency.
- 11When pan of uncut pumpkin bars is cooled completely, frost & cut into bars.
- 12Serve & enjoy & refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Cranberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g