Recipe by English_Rose
This dish is hearty, warming and delicious. The sweet and sour flovors work wonderfully. Serve with couscous.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb pumpkin, peeled deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lbs tomato sauce
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a pan and fry the onions until lightly colored.
- Add the ginger, pumpkin and spices, stir, then add the honey, tomato sauce and cranberries. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, then simmer for 20 mins until the pumpkin is tender.
- After 10 mins, stir in the garbanzo beans. (If the mixture is a little thick, you can loosen it with a little vegetable broth).
- Simmer for a further 10 mins then serve with cous cous if liked.