Recipe by ellie3763
from "(never home)maker" - http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2010/08/corn-bread-carrots-and-congrats.html
Top Review by Podkayne
Really good! I had to add a little bit of milk (based on other recipes, as well, it seems that my pumpkin puree is less moist than most) but the cake was moist and hearty. I used fresh sweetcorn cut off the cob, and the sweetness was still subtle and not overwhelming. This will definitely see a lot of use in the late summer when we get a lot of pumpkin and sweet corn in our CSA share.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease a 10-inch round pie pan or a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cornmeal.
- In a seprate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, syrup, and eggs.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients inches Mix together until just incorporated, taking care not to overmix. Fold in the corn.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned and slightly firm to the touch.