Prep 1 min
Cook 25 mins
Nutritious pumpkin perks up simple cornbread muffins for a breakfast or dinner treat. Try them with a spicy chili or whip up a batch to serve on a brisk morning around the campfire.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- COMBINE flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil in medium bowl until combined.
- Add to flour mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
I guess from the title I was expecting a different taste or texture. If anything, they were slightly more moist than my standard corn muffins. If you are simply looking to use up some pumpkin, they're fine.
Although the concept was a good one, these muffins turned out too dry and tasteless. Sorry! :(