Recipe by SnowHat
Nutritious pumpkin perks up simple cornbread muffins for a breakfast or dinner treat. Try them with a spicy chili or whip up a batch to serve on a brisk morning around the campfire.
Top Review by KitchenDabbler
I guess from the title I was expecting a different taste or texture. If anything, they were slightly more moist than my standard corn muffins. If you are simply looking to use up some pumpkin, they're fine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- COMBINE flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil in medium bowl until combined.
- Add to flour mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.