Low fat pumpkin chowder, one of my son's favorites (without the cayenne). Very easy to put together with very little prep time. WW points = 3/serving
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth (if making Vegetarian, use vegetable broth)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄8 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine broth, corn and onion in saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until onion in tender.
- Return heat to medium-high and stir in pumpkin, blending well until mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add milk, pepper and cayenne and continue stirring until heated through.