Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy and filling soup. Perfect for a cool fall afternoon or winter evening. Low in fat and calories.
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 16 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- Put everything but milk and half and half in saucepan and simmer until onion and corn are tender.
- Turn off heat and add milk and half and half.
This was a nice way to have pumpkin besides dessert. I had some left over mashed potatoes with dill, so I threw those in and added a little more broth. Used dried minced onions and not half-and-half. It was nice and thick and I would probably use a whole cup or more of corn next time. A sprinkle some Parm. cheese on the bowlful too. Thanks!