Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
this is from a Martha Stewart magazine..cookie of the month..and oh what a month that was..these cookies are so soft and almost melt in your mouth...
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 3⁄8 cups butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups solid pack pumpkin
- preheat oven to 375* -- line sheets with parchment paper -- use small scoop.
- whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in medium bowl.set aside.
- cream 12 tbls butter and brown sugar on medium speed with paddle attachment of mixer -- about 3 minutes.
- mix in eggs, on low speed -- add pumpkin and 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 tsp vanilla, mix 2 minutes.add flour mixture till well combined.
- place cookies 1" apart .
- bake till tops are springy.about 12 minutes.
- let cool on sheet about 5 minutes.
- transfer to rack to cool.
- put powdered sugar in large bowl, melt remaining 10 tbls butter in small saucepan over medium heat, cook till golden brown about 3 minutes.be careful not to burn --
- pour butter over powdered sugar and remaining 5 tbls evaporated milk.
- stir till smooth --
- spread 1 tsp on each cookie.
- store in tight container -- for up to 3 days.
- THESE COOKIES ARE AWESOME.