Childrens Minister's Note:
These cookies are so delicious. The cookies are cake-like, and paired with the brown butter glaze! Look out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir to combine and set aside.
- 3In a mixer with paddle attachment, or large bowl add butter, sugar, mix to combine.
- 4Add egg, milk, pumpkin, and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- 5Slowly add flour mixture. Dough will be sticky.
- 6Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten if you prefer, the cookie will hold its shape.
- 7Bake for 15-20 minutes, check at 10. Remove to wire rack.
- 8Flor glaze:.
- 9In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar.
- 10Place butter in a small saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat until bubbly. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- 11Remove from heat and pour butter into the bowl of powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla, stir until smooth.
- 12When cookies are cool, dip top of cookie in glaze and return to rack to cool. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk to reach desired consistency and drizzle over cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cookies With Brown Butter Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 65.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g