Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or 1 cup fresh pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheet.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy; add remaining ingredients.
- Add batter to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. (ovens will vary).
these cookies are really good. but i did make some icing that made it even better, 2 cups confectioners' sugar 3 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon melted butter 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. i will be making this again especially around the holidays.
I love these cookies!! My son and I making them for Christmas parties and can't wait to show off the delicious cookies!! Thank you very much! Also, fyi for anyone who might have a wheat allergy, not celiac, I used Spelt flour and Organic Raw Whole Cane Sugar. I am allergic to wheat, but I can tolerate Spelt.
These cookies were amazing. I took them to work and they were gone so fast.