Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great during the fall season (or anytime!) These cookies are very moist and cake-like. Very yummy! I got this recipe from a forum on celiac.com. You can either make them gluten free or not.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (You can use butter)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I used the Featherlight mix from Bette Hagman, plus 1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- favorite vanilla icing
- Mix together the sugar and shortening (or butter).
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the icing) and blend until smooth.
- Spoon onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing.
As I made this recipe, I questioned the amount of baking powder it called for. I should have followed my instincts and reduced it at least by half. The cookies blew up to the size of 1/2 a baseball and then shrank as they cooled to resemble a large, orange prune! They tasted ok, but with the way they presented, I could not bring them to a luncheon as I planned.