Recipe by Fauve
A pumpkin flavored treat for your Halloween cookie jar. From BHG.com.
Top Review by Merlot
I took these delightful pumpkin cookies to a "ladies tea" at our church. Everyone loved them and they were one of the first cookies to disappear. So according to the church ladies, they say, "5-stars".
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Beat in the egg and pumpkin.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until tops seem firm.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.