Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Pumpkin cookies with butterscotch chips
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream eggs and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and pumpkin; mix well.
- Add vanilla, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
These tasted GREAT! I did use margarine instead of butter, and I used chocolate chips instead of betterscotch chips, and it was awesome. I think next time I might add a little nutmeg! NUMMY!!!
These cookies are very cakey, just like everyone says. For cookies, I would give it 2 stars. The cookies weren't getting cooked in the middle until I slightly burned the bottom.
I am giving it 3 stars though, because after a batch of cookies, I decided to make muffins. I put the same batter in lined, cupcake tins. They were much better. (better shape, better consistency) They were able to cook all the way through without getting burnt.
Don't know if I would make this recipe again, though.I am a big fan of pumpkin bread but these weren't spicy enough, tho' I added some extra nutmeg. My reg. pumpkin bread has cloves, ginger, more cinn and packs a bigger punch.
Yummy! The only thing I did differently was add 1/2 tsp ground ginger and a few dashes of nutmeg. Thanks for the recipe :)