Recipe by happynana
Nice cookies. Not sure of exact quantity. I do not put in the nuts.
Top Review by PainterCook
We have tons of pumpkin puree in our freezer, as we grow our own. I prepared this recipe with 1 cup of frozen pumpkin puree, thawed and well-drained (press the moisture out through a strainer and measure after water is removed). Because I had no milk, I used orange juice in place of it for the icing. Delicious! (This recipe review courtesy of the Aussie/Kiwi recipe swap)
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening, sugar, pumpkin and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed ingredients and mix well.
- Add nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes, depending on the size of cookie.
- Cool completely and then ice.
- For icing, melt butter, milk and brown sugar.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Ice cooled cookies.