Recipe by talldoc
These are a great soft cookie. They can be frosted and decorated for Halloween if you wish.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Really great cookie! I made them with gluten free flour and home made pumpkin puree (no canned one available here) and they turned out fabulous. Soft and spicy. Also I like how quickly they are made. Will make them again for sure. Thanks for sharing :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, combine the shortening and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the other half and mix again.
- Scoop the dough by 1-Tbsp. mounds onto prepared baking sheets arranging them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. transfer to wire racks to cook completely.