Recipe by Bunny #2
These are soft and i've been told taste better than bakery pumpkin cookies. when i made this i doubled the recipe so i could freeze and save for thanksgiving. They were gone before they got to the freezer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (i use margarine) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (i use margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk, for icing consistency
- red and yellow food coloring for icing (mix few drops of red and yelllow mixed with powdered sugar until it turns orange)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
- mix and sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- add to creamed mixture. mix well.
- add nuts and raisins. mix thoroughly.
- drop by teaspoons onto well greased cookie sheets.
- bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- remove from cookie sheets while still warm.
- frost when cool.