Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Someone else posted these on another site, and I made them last night and they were awesome.
- 1 (19 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup Crisco shortening (I used butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl mix pumpkin,milk,sugar,eggs,crisco/butter, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda,baking powder,cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and blend well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375* oven for 10-15 minutes, or till done. My oven took 9 minutes.
Awesome cookies!! Thanks for sharing!
YUMMY! These have a really neat texture! My kids loved them. I added some ground cloves and ground ginger to give it some extra zing. Thanks!
I made these for my ESL students, who are new to the country and thought that eating pumpkin would be vile. These cookies changed their minds! They LOVED them, and haven't stopped talking about them since. Thanks!