Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an autumnal version of the ever so popular oreo truffle. It is spicy, pumpkiny and just super yummy. I hope youll like it!
- 1⁄3 cup gingersnap crumbs (or speculoos)
- 1⁄4 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds (or 1/2 ts vanilla extract)
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted
- white chocolate, melted for coating (about 4 oz)
- pumpkin pie spice, for sprinkling
- In a food processor powderise the cookie crumbs and bran flakes into fine meal.
- Transfer to a big bowl. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the white chocolate for coating and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Using your hands mix well and roll into small balls.
- Dip the balls into the melted white chocolate (a fork or toothpick works well) and set onto a paper-lined baking sheet to dry.
- Dust with pumpkin pie spice while chocolate is still wet.
- You may cool these in the fridge to shorten the process, but they will set nicely at room temp, too.
Oh boy are these GOOD! Loved the gingersnaps with the pumpkin and cream cheese - perfect. The filling was fairly soft after mixing and I had a little trouble rolling the balls in the chocolate; I put it in the refrigerator for about an hour and that did the trick. The filling is delicious but not all that sweet, which is perfect with the very sweet white chocolate. Gourmet look and taste but not that hard to make - love these - thanks for sharing the recipe!