Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on Pinterest. Looks delicious! I am going to have to make this in the fall.
- 78.07 ml water
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, Divided
- 118.29 ml flour
- 59.16 ml butter, Melted
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter.
- Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
It was a bit too sweet for my taste but overall it was very good. Everyone enjoyed it