Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very hearty coffee cake full of oats for easily accessible energy.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- To make Coffee Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 10-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Beat butter and sugar in separate bowl until fluffy. Mix eggs and pumpkin into butter mixture. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. Spread in pan.
- To make Streusel Topping: Mix all ingredients together until crumbly. Spread on coffee cake. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes, then slice into squares, and serve.
Yummy! I made this with butter instead of margarine, and in a 13x9 pan since I don't have a 10x10 pan.