Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine years ago. I have made this often and always to rave reviews. It's very easy and great served warm, right out of the oven and it is just as good the next day cooled.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in mixer bowl. Add 3 eggs, beating well after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Combine pumpkin, beaten egg, 1/3 cup sugar and pie spice.
- Spoon half of batter into 9x13x2-inch cake pan (I did spray with Baker's Joy); spread to corners. Sprinkle half of Topping over batter. Spread pumpkin mixture over Topping. Carefully spread remaining batter over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle remaining Topping over top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut brown sugar, butter and cinnamon together until blended. Stir in nuts.
This is a recipe to die for!! Everyone who's tried this coffee cake LOVES it.
Prepared as writ, except I added groun up crystalized ginger to the topping. Great!!
making this soon as possible!