Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from the October 2009 issue of Chatelaine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did change one thing, the crust, when making this recipe! I used a crushed Oreo cookie crust instead of the graham cracker one, & then sprinkled 1 cup of the toasted coconut over the top of the crust crust just before topping that with the filling & baking it! Worked great for me, & we much-appreciated the combo of pumpkin, coconut & chocolate! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F
- Lightly grease bottom of a 10in springform pan.
- In a bowl, stir crumbs with 1 cup coconut, sugar and butter until evenly moist.
- Press over bottom and partway up sides of pan.
- Bake in oven until edges are golden, about 10 mins, cool.
- Filling: Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Cut cheese into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat in sugar, then cream, scraping side of bowl as needed until well mixed.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Bake in oven until filling is almost set, 55-60 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen crust and prevent cracking.
- Cool to room temp, then chill in fridge at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of toasted coconut.