Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A luscious pumpkin, caramel, pecan dessert. The cobbler is on the bottom with the pumpkin custard baked on top. Serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce and whipped cream or cinnamon ice cream.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk (fat free is ok)
- 3 cups cooked and mashed pumpkin (about 2 medium pie pumpkins OR 2-15 oz. cans of pumpkin)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- caramel sauce, to drizzle over (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For pumpkin filling, combine eggs, evaporated milk, and pumpkin in a medium mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. With rotary beater or wire whisk, beat lightly just until combined; set aside.
- For cobbler, pour butter into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish (I just used a 9x13 glass pan), tilting dish to spread butter evenly. Combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 cup milk, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small mixing bowl. Pour mixture over melted butter to make crust.
- Spoon or slowly pour pumpkin filling mixture evenly over crust. Combine pecan crunch ingredients and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm. Drizzle a little caramel sauce on top, if desired.
This was divine!!! I cannot wait to try it with sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! This is sooo good and just shouts 'AUTUMN!' I have made this twice, once with pumpkin and once with sweet potatoes. Everyone LOVED it!! Thanks for a lovely dish that can be used as a dessert or sidedish.
Wonderful. I've made this a half a dozen times and am about to make it yet again. It's easy to make, always comes out right and is far more exciting than plain old pumpkin pie. Thanks for the great recipe.