1 hr 10 mins
Hate making pie crust? In this recipe, the crust batter will rise to cover most of the pumpkin as it bakes. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe from Desparation Dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Cut butter into four pieces and place in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- 3Place the dish in the heating oven to melt the butter.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, regular milk and vanilla.
- 5Remove the melted butter from the oven and pour the flour mixture into the dish directly over the butter.
- 6Do not stir!
- 7Set the mixture aside.
- 8Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl, add evaporated milk and pumpkin pie filling.
- 9Stir to mix well.
- 10Spoon the filling mixture on top of the reserved crust batter in the pan.
- 11Do not stir and do not worry about the filling reaching the sides of the pan.
- 12Bake until crust is dark golden brown on top, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 13Let cobbler rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 14Notes: 1 cup of self rising flour= 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 1/2 tsp baking powder plus 1/2 tsp salt.
- 15*Donot use regular pumpkin puree, must be a filling or sometimes called a mix.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 552.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g