Recipe by Marie
Hate making pie crust? In this recipe, the crust batter will rise to cover most of the pumpkin as it bakes. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe from Desparation Dinners.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup self rising flour (see note below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling (Also see note below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut butter into four pieces and place in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place the dish in the heating oven to melt the butter.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, regular milk and vanilla.
- Remove the melted butter from the oven and pour the flour mixture into the dish directly over the butter.
- Do not stir!
- Set the mixture aside.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl, add evaporated milk and pumpkin pie filling.
- Stir to mix well.
- Spoon the filling mixture on top of the reserved crust batter in the pan.
- Do not stir and do not worry about the filling reaching the sides of the pan.
- Bake until crust is dark golden brown on top, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cobbler rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Notes: 1 cup of self rising flour= 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 1/2 tsp baking powder plus 1/2 tsp salt.
- *Donot use regular pumpkin puree, must be a filling or sometimes called a mix.