Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fantastic recipe that came out of a magazine (sorry, I'm not sure which one). Make sure you use UNSALTED butter!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together; pour into an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Top with nuts; bake for an additional 15 minutes.
I made this...came out great...was a big hit at my church...did omit the nuts...in case of allergies
I have been craving something pumpkin, so I made this yesterday and it was delicious! My DS and I had seconds! I served with some French Vanilla ice cream over the top, just to bring it over the top and it did :) I added this to my favorites and we will have it again. Thank you for sharing with us!
great pumpkin flavor if all the ingredients are mixed together(except nuts) then baked.My family loved it.