Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; stir well.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top.
- Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes; top with nuts.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
Easy! No fail! Wonderful dessert for autumn & something different for Thanksgiving dessert. I have made this many times & everyone loves it. I have used spice cake mix instead of yellow on occasion and it gives it a rich fall spice flavor. I have always used pecans but, walnuts would be wonderful if that is your preference. I have also used pumpkin pie spice instead of adding ginger & cinnamon for a rich pumpkin pie flavor. I would give it 6 stars if I could. Enjoy!
Fantastic recipe! It is superb the way it is! I have made it several times and everyone always raves over it! I did make a lighter version substituting a sugar free cake mix, nonfat evaporated milk, and added agave nectar instead of sugar to the pumpkin! It was quite yummy, as well!
I found this recipe in the magazine..., anyways it turned out to be a big hit! Simple to make, easy instructions, Overall great dessert. I took it to work, and everyone wanted the recipe.