Recipe by Lennie
This recipe is originally from a Canadian Living Magazine published sometime back in the 1980s; sorry, don't know exactly when.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Used canned pumpkin for making this recipe & divided the resulting butter among 5 small jars, 2 to keep & 3 to give as gifts for my dinner suests! Very tasty stuff & something of a unique gift! I found that it went especially well as a spread on dense, winter wheat bread! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]
- 2 lemons
- 1 orange
- 3 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree, either from a can or made from fresh
- 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, grind lemons and orange, including the peel.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the ground fruit and all its juice with the pumpkin puree, the sugar and the water.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until thickened; about 40 minutes.
- Pour into prepared hot, sterilized jars and seal with prepared lids.