Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another vegan, spelt, pumpkin infused delight... Recipe originally from donteatoffthesidewalk.com
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the warm water with the yeast, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, soymilk, melted margarine, and sugar in with the yeast, and lightly mix. Sift in the first two and a half cups of flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Take the remaining 3/4 cup of flour and use it to flour the top of the dough and your surface a tablespoon at a time, as needed to keep the dough from getting sticky as you knead it.
- Knead the dough for about ten minutes; the dough will be elastic but soft and still a little sticky to the touch without being floured.
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with oil, turning to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down; cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Roll the dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up the rectangle tightly, from the long side, pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place the slices in a 9-inch square or round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl. Add the water and vanilla, and whisk until smooth. It should be thick, but easy to drizzle. If it’s too thick, add another 1/2 teaspoon of water.
freaking orgasmic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so so so worth the time <3