1 hr 30 mins
Another vegan, spelt, pumpkin infused delight... Recipe originally from donteatoffthesidewalk.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk the warm water with the yeast, let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the pumpkin, soymilk, melted margarine, and sugar in with the yeast, and lightly mix. Sift in the first two and a half cups of flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 4Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Take the remaining 3/4 cup of flour and use it to flour the top of the dough and your surface a tablespoon at a time, as needed to keep the dough from getting sticky as you knead it.
- 5Knead the dough for about ten minutes; the dough will be elastic but soft and still a little sticky to the touch without being floured.
- 6Place the dough in a large bowl coated with oil, turning to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 7Punch the dough down; cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 8Combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in margarine with a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 9Roll the dough into a 12 x 10-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up the rectangle tightly, from the long side, pinch seam and ends to seal.
- 10Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place the slices in a 9-inch square or round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 11Bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- 12Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl. Add the water and vanilla, and whisk until smooth. It should be thick, but easy to drizzle. If it’s too thick, add another 1/2 teaspoon of water.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 314.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g