Recipe by jmelyn
An easy and very tasty treat for breakfast. The results taste like you put a lot more effort into it than the recipe requires. Prep and servings are guesses, by the way. I know it makes enough for my husband and myself, with a few pancakes left over. Enjoy!
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- For pecan syrup: Combine the maple syrup and pecans in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave until hot, about 25 seconds.
- Set the pecan syrup aside and keep warm.
- For pancakes: Whisk pancake mix, water, pumpkin, cinnamon and ginger in a medium bowl until just blended (do not overmix, the mixture should be lumpy).
- Spray a heavy griddle with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of batter onto griddle to form each pancake.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, then turn pancakes over and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer pancakes to plate.
- Top with butter and serve with warm pecan syrup.